Christianopy is a fresh new blog that mainly talks about Christian songs lyrics and explaining these lyrics with an article and a music video! This blog deals with the issues most of us are going through these days but hopefully, it'll help you pass :)

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Origin: "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North.





   This is such a great start for me choosing lyrics from my own favourite song by Tenth Avenue North. I would have written the whole song's lyrics here for they are so true and beautiful! Let me guess, reading the title made you think about something, right? Something that you went/are going/are going to go through. Yeah, well, I felt the same thing writing the whole article and it wasn't easy for me to write about something that I, myself, am suffering from.


   As a Christian believer, this world is not mine and I DO NOT belong to it, I look at it just the way I look at someone I don't know. I don't know it, I can't get it and I most certainly do not want to live in a place so filled with pain and hatred. Mike Donehey shows us in painful words how depressing this world could get and how hard we're hit every now and then. 



   John 16:33 states that:"--- In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."


Pain and suffering are both looked at with disgust and there's no living being on earth that would like to go through either one of them yet they keep throwing themselves at us without mercy but you guys didn't notice the verse I shared up there, did you? Jesus says:"I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD". And the thing is, we don't admit that He really has but instead we just keep looking at the tragedies of our lives. We will have tribulation and we will have trouble in our lives, that's for sure unless we define our "peace" as absence of problems. Well, it's not. Peace is not having a problem-free life, it's about making God the centre of our lives. It is HE who has overcome the world and I firmly believe that He is the only one who can give us rest.


   Donehey moves on with the song saying that HE CRIES OUT WITH ALL THAT HE HAS LEFT, and, frankly, that's what we're supposed to do nowadays and forever. To cry out with our minds and hearts to our saviour, Jesus Christ. People who fail to do this are often compared to those who live in a prison but its doors are opened!


   The weight of this world will crush our souls unless we ultimately decide to change what we're looking at. We should always remember that at our weaknesses, He is made strong. He brings calm to the storm and He brings rest to the restless. And whenever our souls are crushed I'd rather have a should crushed with longing for His ordinances at all times. (Psalm 119:20).





   

0 comments :

Post a Comment